AS/400 Programmer / Analyst (full time remote)
Excellent opportunity for an AS/400 Programmer/Analyst to obtain a full time, perm position (Salary + full benefits) and work 100% remote. Candidates in the DC metro area would be preferred for the ease of interviewing, etc. Otherwise, we are open to candidates that live outside of the DC metro area that can come in for the interview on their own.
AS/400 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Programmer/Analyst will design, develop and test business applications using RPG with embedded SQL.
- Work with the business in order to develop system requirements.
- Advise manager(s), solution architect(s), and developer(s) on requirements, design, and development for the platform. The expectation is that the developer will provide technical perspective and insight to the team.
- Troubleshoot complex problems using analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary.
- Participates in design and code reviews and provide design recommendations and
- Ensures that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Analyze business requirements, processes, data and systems to determine appropriate solutions.
- Provide application support by resolving service desk incident tickets.
- Provide application support by enhancing and extending the system as specified via service desk service requests.
- Solve Incident, Problem, Request and Change Management requests.
- Designs, codes, test, debugs and documents software according to systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with EDI applications and EDI order processing a plus.
- Familiarity with ROSS RAMS ERP a plus.
- Familiarity with EXTOL EDI a plus.
- Experience with RPG III, RPG IV/ILE, RPG fee techniques (embedded SQL, modules, service programs and sub procedures)
- Familiarity with DB2 data structures and logical views
- Familiarity with I-Series debugging and troubleshooting skills
- 5-10 years of experience programming AS/400 iSeries, RPG VI, ILE, SQL.
- Billing, Ordering, and/or Accounts Receivable programming experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of EDI standards, XML, iDocs and other Data Exchange Technologies
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience in IBM Power Systems (iSeries, AS/400) environments.
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and quickly develop solutions.
- Ability to work effectively within time constraints and manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Prior experience in the transportation/logistics industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Same Day products and services preferred.
- Experience on Remedy ticketing system or equivalent.
- Able to work and coordinate with technical teams across the country and internationally
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience: 5+ years in a technical leadership position responsible for AS/400 Systems programming and analysis.
- A good foundation in RPG free format and ILE, CL, SQL, DDS and SDA
- Experience in production support/operation on AS/400 and I-Series platforms
- Strong SQL knowledge on the I Series and ability to monitor and support batch jobs
Preferences Knowledge of ITIL methodology.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills