Senior System Administrator
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for our a consulting engagement with our client. Candidates must have in
depth experience in implementing, administering and supporting our systems . The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of solid hands on experience with Windows Server
(2008/2012), MS Exchange (2007/2010/2013) and experience with virtualized environments.
Position Overview for Systems Engineer
This position is responsible for the engineering and implementation of various Microsoft technologies:
- This position will be based in Manhattan, but will be expected to assist with IT support in all 5 boroughs. Some local travel may be required.
- Candidates must be a self-motivated and well-focused individual with a user-friendly personality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Hands on troubleshooting of server and networking hardware in accordance with industry best practices
- Install, upgrade, and remove server and/or desktop applications
- Interface with other elements of our support structure including tracking end-user issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- 5-7 + years of relevant, hands-on experience troubleshooting and supporting Windows based servers and workstation systems
- MS Windows Server related design and support experience is desired
- 5-7+ hands-on experience working with Microsoft Windows Architecture - MS Windows Server 2008/2012 Server, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy, Remote Installation Services
- Experience with documentation for system builds, configurations, support procedures
- Moderate hands-on experience with VMware ESX, VDI, Hyper-v, or Citrix is a plus
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Dell, IBM, HP,)
- Troubleshooting enterprise server and networking hardware/software
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN architecture and of TCP/IP principles
- Firewall/VPN/Internet Appliances
- Strong understanding Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Strong understanding of Internet and network security