Application Support Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a liaison to staff and a technical subject matter expert for the company’s core business applications.
- Provide end-user support, training, troubleshooting and documenting the IT business process and procedures.
- Develop a full understanding of the range of customer relationships and provide phone, online and in-person support to end-users (both internal and external) on the use of the enterprise applications.
- Administer user accounts for all enterprise internal and cloud applications.
- Research and resolve application features and issues.
- Provide timely follow-up and status reports to staff on all issues and inquires throughout the resolution process.
- Provide training to the end-users on the use of enterprise applications.
- Proactively monitor all applications and identify and escalate to management regarding potential issues or problems.
- Under manager’s supervision, assist with enhancements, upgrades, patches and testing of applications according to established change management processes and procedures.
- Assist with review of business processes and recommend changes that will improve efficiencies and best business practices.
- Assist in developing and implementing data entry standards and guidelines; ensure adherence to these standards of the organization.
- Assist in providing general IT end-user desktop support as needed.
- Maintain all software licenses in ITSM.
- Manage relationships with external software support contractors for enterprise application Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
- Assist with other technology projects on an as-needed basis.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work affably and productively in teams.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service and professional client interactions.
- Experience in applying in-depth technical support and detailed product knowledge to resolve software issues in a customer support organization.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong process and documentation skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- May require occasional overtime and flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in database/applications support in a production environment.
- Experience with accounting and ERP systems.
- Experience with EDI and transaction processing systems.
- General understanding of relational database concepts, principles, structures and applications.