- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance policies, inspection procedures and techniques, measuring equipment related to tool evaluation and product layout inspection, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the principles of molding, SPC, Kaizen, PPAP, APQP, ISO 9001 audits, ECN, PGA, GD&T, CMM and VMM machines, computer applications, special processes, machining and plastic molding injection.
- Proficient in Blue Print interpretation and full understanding of GD&T.
- Understands and utilizes many automotive tools, Control Plans, PAPP process, Gauge R&R, Capability Studies, PFMEA's.
- Understanding of Gear Data and measurements is a plus.
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Operate computer, all types measuring equipment, CMM and VMM machine, visual measurement machine with computer system and probe capability and office equipment ‑ copier, fax, phone, etc...
- All types of basic gauges like comparators, plug, thread, height gauge, indicators, micrometers, calipers, torque gauges and other.
- Calibration gauges and use of software program to record results and track calibration cycles.
- Gear checker measurement system.
A.S. or B.S degree in Quality or Mfg. Engineering plus 2-5 years of related experience in manufacturing environment.