Production Supervisor -2nd Shift
The Production Supervisor will be a member of the manufacturing leadership team, instilling a culture of continuous improvement throughout our organization. Primary responsibility will be to manage the daily operations of the production floor on 3rd shift while working with management to identify opportunities within our operation and executing plans to drive long term improvements while meeting customer demand. This individual will be responsible for daily shift performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost and 5s.
- Manage and motivate the day to day activities of production staff and operations through the following:
- Work with the Master Scheduler and Customer Service to help shape the production schedule around equipment capabilities and manpower to ensure complete and on time targets are met.
- Schedule and manage the daily duties of direct reports, which includes:
- Process Technicians
- Machine Set-up technicians
- Lead Operators
- Operator Trainer
- Production Operators
- Work with the indirect support staff to maintain the day to day production requirements. At times, provide direction to:
- QC Auditors
- Mold Set-up Technicians
- Material Handlers
- Members of the Materials group
- Maintenance Technicians
- Review the production jobs, against standards of safety, quality, delivery, and cost; to ensure we are meeting standard rates, scrap levels, etc. Provide root cause and corrective actions for processes that fall out of control.
- Audit direct reports to ensure job transactions are correct and work output is acceptable.
- Report daily shift metrics on shift production summaries.
- Ensure quality product by establishing and enforcing company standards.
- Evaluation of equipment and direction of repairs when needed.
- Evaluating and reporting production information by analyzing production reports.
- Build professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes, etc.
- Recognize and implement Continuous Improvements at the shop floor level.
- Complete annual performance reviews for direct reports, accurate, honest and on time.
- Living and reinforcing the core values on the production floor-Culture.
- Enforcing the general rules of the production floor, including safety, dress code, etc.
- Identifying and addressing, where possible, safety issues.
- Determining and implementing corrective actions for sources of OSHA recordable accidents, incidents, and near miss concerns.
- Maintaining the housekeeping standards. Ensure facility is tour ready by auditing 5S standards and driving 5s tools and methodologies.
- Working as the first level of response to personnel issues by evaluating situations, determining the causes of the problems, and developing an action plan with recommendations for correcting the problems.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Transformational leadership skills with the ability to motivate, lead, coach and develop effective teams in a change environment
- Floor focused leadership style
- Ability to communicate well with people at various levels throughout the organization
- Results oriented with ability to manage change while creating a positive environment
- Demonstrated desire for continuous improvement.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated positive attitude.
- Mechanical aptitude and a comfort with using a variety of tools.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
- Understanding of basic quality requirements for plastic injection molded parts.
- Proficient in Windows based programs, i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers to work as an effective team.
- Ability to implement new initiatives and programs with positive results
- Employee engagement focused approach to help build a strong culture
- Strong multi-tasking and problem solving ability
- Required: Associates degree or equivalent experience and managerial experience leading a team of at least 15 direct reports.
- Desired: Bachelors degree-preferably in a related technical area plus previous experience in a leadership role in an Injection Molding operation.