Quality Technician/CMM Programmer
As part of the Quality Department, a CMM Programmer/QualityTechnician is responsible on the assigned shift for all Quality related activities and tasks required for all plant products and sub-components in close collaboration with operators. • Routine product testing requirements (e.g. CMM, gauging, weld verification, mechanical properties, etc.) • Assist in job setup and product layout inspections to ensure first-off material is good • Oversee or contain the non-conforming product created during the shift • Participate in problem solving activities • Perform receiving inspection on shift • Create, maintain and file lab and testing records • Conduct simple device calibration/verification activities, and assigned production gauge audits • Writes or updates work instructions as needed • Writes or update Quality Alerts as needed
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance policies, inspection procedures and techniques, measuring equipment related to tool evaluation and product layout inspection, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the principles of molding, SPC, Kaizen, PPAP, APQP, ISO 9001 audits, ECN, PGA, GD&T, CMM and VMM machines, computer applications, special processes, machining and plastic molding injection.
- Proficient in Blue Print interpretation and full understanding of GD&T.
- Understands and utilizes many automotive tools, Control Plans, PAPP process, Gauge R&R, Capability Studies, PFMEA's.
- Understanding of Gear Data and measurements is a plus.
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Operate computer, all types measuring equipment, CMM and VMM machine, visual measurement machine with computer system and probe capability and office equipment ‑ copier, fax, phone, etc...
- All types of basic gauges like comparators, plug, thread, height gauge, indicators, micrometers, calipers, torque gauges and other.
- Calibration gauges and use of software program to record results and track calibration cycles.
- Gear checker measurement system.