Naval Engineering Technician
Engineering Technician to operate and maintain equipment necessary to support conduct of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) testing/certification of DoD and non DoD developmental and operational weapon and electronic systems.
The purpose of this testing is to determine if the system under evaluation meets E3 design specifications and/or assess its ability to function in its intended operational electromagnetic environment from both a safety and reliability standpoint.
Travel, up to 25%
- One (1) year of general experience in electronics, physics, or RF energy.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. The selected candidate will go through an extensive background check towards a secret clearance.
- Three (3) years of general electronic technician experience;
- Demonstrated general knowledge with E3 environments;
- Demonstrated general knowledge and application of military standards and specifications MIL-HDBK-235, DOD-STD-1399 Section 070, and MIL-STD-461/464 Standards.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting electronic systems testing.
- Active secret clearance
- EE or other Engineering degree and/or certifications and training
Direct, permanent position. Salary range is 33-40K + full benefits.