Federal Procurement/Contracts Specialist
Kamis is searching for Federal Procurement/Contracts Specialists for a position onsite in Bethesda, MD. The position will require a background and experience with the federal government related to procurement, acquisitions and contracts.
The position will be working as part of a new contract engagement that is scheduled for up to 5 years.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensure that Contractors adhere to established business rules and guidelines upon contract initiation and throughout the term of the contract.
- Develop and deliver formal and informal training for federal contractors to ensure adherence to procurement laws, regulations, guidance and best practices.
- Work with bureau management and employees towards the furtherance of departmental goals.
- Use PRISM system to generate solicitations, contracts/orders, financial instruments, modifications and contract supplements, etc.
- Provide pre-award and post-award procurement support towards awarding and implementing contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements and other acquisitions.
- Review bids and contracts to ensure that they are complete, thorough and adhere to all relevant procurement requirements.
- Prepare procurement-related documents
- Thoroughly document and track activity related to assigned contracts and/or vendors
- Monitor contract activity to ensure costs and deliverables are on track.
- Prepare and process changes in contracts, e.g. personnel changes, schedule revisions, change orders, extensions, terminations, stop orders, etc.
- Follow all departmental SOPs and ensure that vendors/contractors are aware of and follow all relevant SOPs
- Support internal and external audits
- Candidates must have the ability to pass a thorough background check to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience working for the federal government in a Procurement or Contracts role.
- Experience with various federal procurement and contract-management systems such as PRISM, FBO, SAM, UFMS, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Position is at the GS 1102-11, 12 and 13 Level of experience and compensation. 4 year degree or commensurate experience of 7 – 12 years.
- DAWIA or FAC-C Level 2 or 3 preferred.
New contract, up to 5 year engagement. Compensation in market range, based on experience.