SQL Server Database Administrator
Direct/Permanent SQL Server DBA position open with a technology company in the Rockville area. This is a senior position for one who can own and maintain the SQL Server environment. Salary is based on level of experience. Excellent benefits package.
The DBA will need subject matter expertise with all administrative, architecture, and engineering aspects of Microsoft SQL databases and database servers with responsibilities to design and implement best in class scalable enterprise level database architecture for application software infrastructure.
The DBA must remain current on new hardware and software updates and features while evaluating alternative approaches and recommending new hardware/software modifications which will enhance system efficiency and functionality.
Overall Responsibility for the Sr. Database Administrator:
- Owning, tracking and resolving MS SQL database related incidents and requests.
- Reviewing service related reports
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning existing queries
- Monitor server performance, identify errant queries, suggest improvements.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the databases
- Supporting various data imports and issues during business hours and off-hours as needed
- Configuration, deployment and ongoing maintenance of High Availability (HA), Failover Clustered Instances, Availability Groups, and Disaster Recovery (DR), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) options for MSSQL Server
- Implementation, preparation and administration of Production, Dev, Test, and Stage Databases.
- Manage ETL data in/out of various assets.
- Cluster Maintenance including administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Write T-SQL scripts to automate administrative tasks.
- Provide consistent DB maintenance, optimization and best practices
- Capacity planning and optimization on DB storage and CPU requirements.
- Working with Dev team as well as network engineers for optimization procedures
- Candidate must possess a B.A. or B.S. degree or 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server
- Project management, technical, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, and problem management skills.
- Expert experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Expert Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Failover Clustered Instances, Availability Groups, and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Expert knowledge with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to drive processes independently.
The DBA will work 100% onsite in the Rockville area. Position is regular business hours with additional hours required in the event of new releases, outages, issues, etc.
Excellent benefits package. Salary based on level of experience.