Data Scientist (Discovery)
- Support informatics team by assisting in the creation, management and manipulation of biomedical data sets derived from Electronic Medical Records and other relevant data sources. This may include data modeling, data management, harmonization/codification of medical information, creation of data subsets, de-identification and other tasks as required
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required/requested by staff/management, including data quality assessments, data suitability assessments and/or directed research from the medical director or Chief of Bioinformatics
- Provide analytical services to other parts of the team, in particular provide services to assist the data quality and onboarding groups identify and resolve issues with data.
- Assist in the analysis, acquisition, and loading of new or complementary data sources
- Translate for broad comprehension abstract technical design and implementation concepts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific/mathematical field with 4 or more years of academic or industry experience or Masters Degree in a scientific or mathematical field with 1-3 years of academic/industry experience. Candidates with no experience in biomedicine, either via degree or experience should not be considered.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), one or more programming languages and common mathematical/statistical packages (R, SAS, and/or Mathematica) essential
- Excellent oral and written communications skills