Our client is an OEM supplier of precision machined components for the aerospace and power generation industries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop the most efficient and cost effective manufacturing process, and sequence of production operations from blueprints, quality documents, and purchase orders.
- Coordinate production processes by creating operation sheets and providing all manufacturing related information.
- Create material process requisitions with technical data requirements for special manufacturing processes.
- Develop most effective solutions to production and quality problems that are related to material, production processes and tools.
- Manage product and process engineering related activities during the development stage from raw material to finished product
- Research and develop process sheets with proper work instructions for the operators, inspectors and shipping.
- Will act as a liaison for the shop process development, integrating with management, shop personnel, purchasing, production control, vendors and customers to make the job as productive as possible.
- Implement all Engineering Changes from the Customer to the process sheets, programs, etc.
- Interact with various internal functions to provide manufacturing engineering support for production.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis and implementation of Corrective Actions.
- Initiate and lead optimization projects to improve quality outcomes, reduce production costs, and shorten cycle time.
- Build trust and confidence with customers to resolve engineering, manufacturing, and quality issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Must have 10 years minimum Aerospace engineering experience
- Must have minimum 3 years IBR and or BLISK airfoil manufacturing
- Must have the ability to work with CAD Systems such as Solidworks, NX 9.0 and above, Microsoft Office to generate work instructions / process sheets.
- Desire for practical and tangible ‘hands-on’ work in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge/experience in the machining of nickel and titanium based alloys preferred (i.e. milling, turning, broaching, and special processes)
- Demonstrated record or desire of same for the self-directed management of multiple tasks in a high-tempo manufacturing environment.
- An indefatigable commitment to overcome challenges in order to resolve issues and accomplish both company and personal objectives.
- Must possess excellent skills in blueprint reading and interpretation, have the ability to understand customer requirements and specifications.