The Capture Manager will drive collaboration among Business Developers, Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Proposal Managers, Pricers, Business Operations, and Executives to ensure the development of a compelling capture plan and assume ultimate responsibility for contract win. The ability to drive deadlines, rally a team, present to executives, and follow-through will lead to success in this position.
- Develops the overall capture strategy for an opportunity and leads team through a detailed capture schedule that includes milestones, due dates, and delivery dates for briefings to executive leadership.
- Advances opportunities through the capture lifecycle to increase the probability of win and to provide the information required to develop winning proposals.
- Identifies the resources required to pursue, establishes any infrastructures required, processes, and plans necessary, and manages their execution.
- Identifies and refines win strategies through intelligence, technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and price-to-win.
- Defines bid position by examining risks and developing a winning story around customer needs and goals.
- Assess and continually update competitor capabilities, performs analysis of competitor strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT), and conduct team gap analysis
- Establish meaningful teaming selection criteria and justification and work with Business developer to establish the winning team
- Communicates at all levels of both internal and customer organizations, including executive management.
- Hands-on manager with track record of winning business with the Federal Government, specifically on opportunities $10M or greater
- · BS/BA degree from accredited university
- 5-7 years working in government contracting environment as capture manager
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to federal government contract wins
- Ability to be personally accountable for the overall capture and bid effort
- Demonstrate tracking and prioritization, assembling teams, developing winning solutions, and organizing and leading the pursuit process
- Be able to work effectively under stress and tight timelines, processing information quickly and accurately with expert attention to detail
- Training Requirements · Familiarity with Business Development and Capture Management industry best practices