The Production Manager will be responsible for all operations, personnel, equipment, supplies, scheduling, tooling, and facilities associated with the manufacturing process.
This is a "hands-on" role where you will spend 50% of your time on the floor. We are looking for a candidate that is familiar w/ the custom job-shop manufacturing process, is mechanically inclined and a "Team" player.
- Plan, organize, and direct, the production operations of a multiple work cell job shop (Job Shop knowledge/experience is a MUST!)!
- Responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time performance in a custom solution, Job Shop environment.
- Work closely with Sales Department in planning and scheduling production
- Work closely with Purchasing to schedule raw materials and shop supplies
- Work closely with Engineering on tooling design, tool modification, and fixturing
- Ensure cost effectiveness of production
- Ensure compliance with the company’s ISO 9001-2015 QMS
- Ensure that the company’s HSSE plan is followed
- Implementation and direction of an effective 5S plan
- Select, hire, and train production personnel
- Conduct reviews and evaluate work performance for production team members
- Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment associated with production
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance, and use of company/customer tooling
- Be an active presence on the production floor
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience of (5) years in a custom job shop production environment and (2-3) years in management (Job Shop experience is a MUST)!
- Minimum of (3-5) years of manufacturing plant operations experience in a facility with 30+ employees
- Experience supervising and evaluating subordinates. You'll have (2) Production Supervisors responsible for (25) people reporting to you. 50% of your time will be on the floor!
- Understand detailed production drawings
- Experience training both quality and safety topics. You'll have EHS responsibility.
- Experience doing detailed production scheduling
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with MS Office products
- Experience with manufacturing processes requiring the use of chemicals, molds and molding, and traditional machine shop equipment (Plastics a +).
- Experience with ISO 9001-2015, and 5S methodologies.
- Math skills through basic algebra, experience writing detailed work instructions.
Excellent Health and retirement Benefits