Desktop Support Analyst (Bachelor's degree)
Excellent opportunity to work for a non-profit in Alexandria. Location is metro accessible (one block) and/or offers free on-site parking!! This is consulting work at least through the end of 2018, however will likely get extended or become full time employee. Bachelor's degree and experience required for this role.
The Help Desk Analyst will support an internal team of around 50-55 employees and consultants. Applying their knowledge of technology and troubleshooting skills, they must be ready to deliver responsive and outstanding customer service to fellow team members.
- Provide Tier 1 IT support to staff including supporting applications, servers and systems.
- Ownership of the entire internal support ticket lifecycle, including communicating issue progress to users and ensuring that tickets are resolved in a timely manner per established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assist in regular systems administration tasks including account management, managing change requests, password resets, patching and software installation.
- Develop and maintain documentation and operational procedures.
- Ensure compliance with company's security and operational policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or two to four years of experience providing IT support to both technical and non-technical users.
- Basic Windows Administration experience including Active Directory, Terminal Services and Windows Server.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting network issues, systems and common end-user applications (Microsoft Office Applications, Jira, etc.)
- Customer-focused, can-do approach to troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Prior experience with managing tickets in JIRA and documentation in Confluence is a plus.
- Must have experience supporting Macs as well.