Sr. Database Engineer (with Clearance)
Kamis is in search of a Sr. Database Engineer to work on a DoD contract in Norfolk, VA. The Sr. Database Engineer will participate in the requirements, definition, design, development, testing, and documentation of computer software. With a focus on the back-end database systems, the engineer will analyze program output, code, and documentation for correctness and consistency and provide recommendations for improvements.
The Engineer will also
- Understand the system architecture to comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Perform evaluations in design, development, implementation, and maintenance of complex database designs.
- Provide management and leadership the database development for a given project with overall responsibility for its technical performance.
- Interface with the customer to implement system integrations with other software projects, and coordinate system upgrades.
- Active SECRET DoD Clearance.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 5 -10 years of job-related experience.
- Must work closely with the Software Development Team to coordinate the database with the software application.
- Must be proficient at Data Normalization.
- Must be proficient in SQL programming and querying skills.
- Must be proficient in TFS, Visual Studios, SSDT, MS Sequel Service Manager, and MS Excel.
- Must demonstrate a command of various database technologies (i.e., SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Object Oriented Programming, and well versed in one of these programming languages: C#, C++, or Java).
- Experience investigating, troubleshooting, and designing solutions to problems in the operational database.
- Leadership of the analysis, design, and development of large-scale database projects.
- Experience working in support of the US Navy.
Direct/permanent position working on a DoD contract. Salary + benefits.