Desktop Support Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide incident and problem management, diagnosis, escalation, tracking, and resolution for Windows 7 and 10.
- Update and maintain Active Directory and assist network engineers.
- Provide excellent customer service and a positive support experience to all levels of end users using the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Identify sources of Windows 10 issues, perform troubleshooting, and add to the knowledge base.
- Understand priority levels, escalation procedures, and ticket
- tickets with the latest status, documenting solutions, and following the ticket workflow.
- Provide support for all desktop applications and cloud applications including MS-365, Word, PPT, Excel, Fileshare and Cloudshare applications
- Order, configure and image systems for delivery to locations throughout the northeast.
- Assist work-at-home users with internet connections, setup and maintenance.
- Assist drivers with mobile business applications.
- Create short-cut videos for end-users.
- Create simple forms-based applications for end-users.
- Update and maintain service desk knowledge base.
- Assist with other technology projects on an as-needed basis.
- 2- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role performing Windows IT customer support in a medium to large sized managed services environment
- 2- 4+ years’ experience of Windows OS and server administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Working technical knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, and network printer management
- Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Expertise with virtualization such as Hyper-V and VMware.
- Understanding of Windows Client and Server platforms is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS (Big plus if they have any of these)
- Microsoft MCSE Certifications
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Juniper Network Certifications
- Security Certifications (CISSP)
- Experience with Cytech/Cyfir
- Experience with Datto a plus
- Experience with Juniper SRX , SSL, VPN
- Experience with Meraki content gateway
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with MS Exchange Server Management
- Experience with Active Directory
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Preferred - Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Group Policies