Sr. Linux Engineer - DoD Secret Clearance
Sr. Linux Engineer needed to work onsite for a Federal project in the Sterling, VA area. Candidates must have an active Secret DoD clearance. The employee will be a hands-on individual contributor that will lead more junior engineers and influence consensus within a cross functional team.
- Lead a small team of Linux Engineers.
- Plan projects, set and monitor tasks for more junior engineers.
- Understand the technical requirements and install servers, services and storage as necessary. Rebuild servers when required.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
- Automate and/or improve systems administration tasks.
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Experience with Red Hat Virtualization/CloudForms, and/or VMware vCloud/VRealize.
- Experience with JBoss Web Server and JBoss EAP a plus.
- Experience with OpenShift a plus.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of Red Hat Cloud and Enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat management and provisioning solutions.
- Experience with NIST/FISMA compliance.
- SECRET DoD security clearance is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical field.
- 8+ years of hands on experience working in an enterprise environment as a Linux Engineer.
- RHCA or RHCE certification is a strong plus.
Salary expected to be in the 130-140K range, possibly higher with additional approval. Benefits include PTO, insurance, 401K match, education assistance, etc.