Customer Service / Membership Associate (Association or non-profit)
Excellent opportunity to work as an Customer Service Associate with a leading association in Alexandria, VA. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE WORKNG IN THE NON-PROFIT, ASSOCIATION, OR HEATHCARE INDUSTRY! This location is Metro accessible (one block from Metro stop) and offers free on-site parking.
*Customer service experience in financial institutions, sales or retail will not be considered.* Conversion salary $38-40 K.
The Customer Service Associate will join our Member Services department.
We are looking for someone who has experience working in a non-profit or association or healthcare industry. The ideal candidate will bring experience assisting members and working in a fast-paced call center setting; at least 3 years of experience.
Although this will start out as consulting work there is a good chance of converting to a full time employee based on performance.
List of responsibilities/duties:
- Support phone calls within SLAs and follow-up requests
- Support email calls within SLAs and follow-up requests
- Administrative tasks as necessary; mail, faxes, data updates
- Process payments in CRM
- Profile updates
- Must be available to work extended hours the week of Annual Meeting May 28 – June 5
- Must be available to work over the weekend of Annual Meeting June 2-3
- Excellent ability to resolve customer inquiries through phone and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to practice active listening, critical thinking, problem solving and best judgment skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional customer service experience, preferably in an association, non-profit sector or business office environment.
- A proven track record of providing excellent customer service and a strong focus on quality assurance. Ability to successfully adapt to a fast-paced and professional environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database experience