Network Engineer (mid-level, Microsoft)
This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with an established company with an offices in Virginia. Since this is mainly a 100% REMOTE position we are searching for Richmond area talent willing to occassionaly be on-site in Newport News. The company has over 600 employees and this will be supporting around 250 office employees.
We are looking for an experienced professional with at least 3 years paid experience. Strong Microsoft administration skills, will be supporting both desktops and servers.
This is NOT a senior level position. The salary is up to $76,500 + full benefits based on experience.
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE AND CLOUD ENGINEER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the architecture of new secure Cisco/Meraki WAN to replace existing MPLS network using state-of-the-art secure network services.
- Contribute to plan to modernize, upgrade and migrate major systems and applications from on-premise data centers to co-locations and cloud based service locations.
- Install configure/test/maintain enterprise software in Microsoft Server environment.
- Configure test and maintain, Active Directory, Exchange, File and Print Servers.
- Configure maintain, troubleshoot, install, configure and test and maintain configurations for all network devices and infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls, packet filters and security devices.
- Evaluate and maintain network hardware and software architecture requirements and capabilities, and make recommendations and contribute to changes and updates as required.
- Manage and optimize performance, backup and recovery systems.
- Maintain systems and network access controls and security.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and test software upgrades.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network architecture and configuration diagrams.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking, Systems Administration, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline or Certifications and/or work experience equivalent.
- Experience: 3+ years in a position responsible for network troubleshooting, maintenance and planning.
- Microsoft MCSE Certifications
- Juniper or Cisco certfications a plus
- Experience with Meraki content gateway
- Experience with MS Exchange Server Management
- Experience with Active Directory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary is up to $76,500. Excellent benefits.