Sr. SAP Business Analyst - PP, QM, BioTech
Serve as the liaison between IT and Supply Chain / Operations for SAP and related applications to identify needs and deliver solutions for Production Planning and Quality Management. This is a full-time onsite position in Gaithersburg with some travel on occasion.
- Implements and influences IT solutions to Supply Chain Operations in support of strategic objectives; create a long-term business application roadmap based on those objectives.
- Analyzes business processes and recommend SAP business application best practices, configure and support the SAP environment for Production Planning and Quality Management.
- Works closely with business stakeholders, SAP Center of Excellence (COE), Computer System Validation and other IT support teams to implement new functionality or enhancements in SAP and related business applications following the software development lifecycle and validated system environment practices.
- Acts as project lead or project manager as required.
- Works with the stakeholders and project management to define project scope and objectives.
- Documents, prioritizes and tracks requests (changes, enhancements, etc.).
SAP and Business Applications
- Expert-level knowledge of SAP Production Planning and Quality Management modules configuration and business process knowledge in support of the end-to-end Production Planning and Quality Management: master data, process orders, quality notifications, batch management and integration to other core SAP modules.
- Subject matter expertise in life sciences industry Production Planning and Supply Chain business process areas to fulfill FDA requirements.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and its impact on SAP and related IT solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and creates documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business applications.
- Coordinate with Training department to ensure user community is trained on current SAP-based systems and plan for future training initiatives.
- Use Project Management methodology to develop realistic and attainable project schedules and coordinate with various groups and team members to ensure successful project completion.
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Understands technical design specifications, defines test conditions, develops accurate and complete test plans and conducts/coordinates testing according to plan.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management process.
- Ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according to IT standards.
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing
- Document bug fixes and enhancements, testing and release updates to ensure ongoing quality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required.
- 3+ years of SAP functional and configuration experience in the Production Planning and Quality Management areas (Demand Management, MRP, Production Planning and Execution, PI Sheets, Logistics, Quality Notifications and related Quality Management areas).
- 3+ years of industry subject matter expertise in life sciences manufacturing and supply chain business processes supporting and delivering SAP and related business applications.
- Strong business acumen of manufacturing and supply chain in a process industry to effectively analyze and identify business needs, understand impacts of business decisions, and quickly dimension business solutions.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Detailed knowledge of integration points between PP, QM, and other SAP modules.
- Good understanding of other SAP modules (like MM, PM, HR, SD, FI/CO) and their integration points with PP and QM is required.
- Knowledge of product costing in terms of new product development.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and its impact on SAP PP and QM configuration.
Note: Some Travel, up to 10-20%.
Direct/permanent full-time position with salary + benefits. Target salary range in the 120-135K range. Will consider more senior candidates based on experience.