Tool and Die Maker
Manufacturer of precision metal stampings, progressive dies and mechanical assemblies. We have an immediate opening for a Class A Progressive Die Maker. Candidate must have 7+ years’ experience building new progressive dies as well as the ability to debug and maintain progressive dies in a fast-paced job shop environment. Knowledge of CNC and CAD a plus.
Job duties include:
- Building, debugging and maintaining all types of dies including progressive, compound, blanking, draw and secondary dies. Understanding of die function by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of materials under stress, machining and best practice assembly methods.
- Use of both engineering blueprints and specifications as well as verbal instruction to produce and assemble dies, die components, jigs and fixtures.
- Machining and precision grinding of progressive die components by measuring stock; setting up and operating lathe, mill, surface grinders, saw, jig borer. CNC experience a plus.
- Confirmation of the performance of dies by assembling die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
- Confirm assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gages, gage blocks, dial indicators, height gages, comparators etc.
- Resolve assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications.
- Ensure operation of tooling and dies by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintain communications with team by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to insure proper working performance of of all dies.
- Document actions by completing logs.
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must follow verbal and written instructions well. Ability to work well in a team environment a must.
- Candidate must be quality and safety conscious.
- High School Diploma, along with additional engineering, tool and die, and/or tool design courses required. B
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of stamping tools, equipment, processes and manufacturing systems (5 yrs minimum).
- Knowledge of the application of steels
- Project management experience desired.
- Journeyman Tool/Die Maker, plus 5 to 7 years of related manufacturing experience
- Experience working with heavy metal stamping dies
- Knowledge of Welding of tool steels a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, rotate jobs, or shifts.
- Work well with others and establish a strong team ethic
Very competitive compensation and benefits package including 401K, Medical, Life and Disability Insurance. Friendly, clean and safe work environment. A great place to work.