Sr. Cloud Engineer
Senior Cloud Engineer
Kamis is searching for a senior technical leader in the Cloud industry with experience leading implementations and integration projects with Cloud infrastructure utilizing AWS, Azure and other common cloud tools and technologies. The Cloud company is a boutique firm focused on delivering secure, cloud-based systems for Large & Enterprise customers.
The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for leading in the design and delivery of secure hosting environments based on customer requirements. The Sr. Engineer will stay focused on the project life-cycle from migration strategy to implementation to ongoing management with a focus on security and compliance.
The Engineer will primarily be hands-on/technical, but will be expected to interact with customers as needed.
- The Engineer must have a strong background with systems and network engineering to include Linux, Windows, Cisco and Virtual networks. Current, hands-on experience will include designing, implementing, engineering and managing cloud infrastructure in both AWS and Azure environments.
- The Engineer will have experience with teams utilizing DevOps methodologies for consistent and reliable Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment of new software.
- The Engineer should have enough development/scripting experience to ensure maximum automation.
- The Engineer will have current, hands-on experience with relevant tools and technologies such as VMWare, Firewalls, Splunk, Nagios, Nessus, Nexpose, F5 Load balancers, Python, Web inspect, Fortify, CIS Benchmarks and various AWS & Azure security tools.
- The Engineer should have an advanced education to include a Master’s degree and/or industry certifications.
- Experience with some Federal requirements, protocols and compliance such as FedRAMP, FISMA, DoD SRG (FedRAMP+), HIPAA, PCI and SOC is a plus.
This is a direct/permanent full-time position. Work sites will primarily be the company office in Tysons Corner. Work may also include visits to various customer sites in the DMV area. Some remote work may be allowed depending on the circumstances, but this is a hands-on senior position and therefore will require regular onsite presence.
Salary is expected to be in the $175-190K range + benefits.