Mid Level SOC Analyst
This position requires an Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
- Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process.
- Leads teams in developing application and technical plans.
- Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-rise and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience. Five (5) years of direct related experience in related field may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Perform all tasks required per shift including reporting, monitoring, and turnover
- Assess incident severity and escalate as needed
- Perform additional event/incident investigation and research as needed
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing, escalation and client service
- Interact with network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote
- Monitor and respond to alerts from network devices and work directly with vendors during circuit outages.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, and other
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, TCP/IP, UNIX, IP Routing, Internet connectivity and protocols (TCP/IP) VPNs, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Understanding of basic network services
- Experience with/Knowledge of Enterprise Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) systems, IDS devices, firewalls, and/or antivirus management
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills
- Understanding of security threat and attack countermeasures
- Experience / Knowledge of variety of Intrusion Detection/Prevention platforms
- Experience with VPN, SSL, other encryption methodology / technology a plus
Knowledge of/Experience with the following:
-Lancope (Stealth Watch)
-PaloAlto Next Gen Firewalls
-Fire Eye MPS'
-HP Tipping point
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Ability to maintain focus while performing in depth log analysis-
Ability to think outside the box when investigating events