- Support informatics team by assisting in the creation, management and manipulation of biomedical data sets derived from Electronic Medical Records and other relevant data sources. This may include data modeling, data management, harmonization/codification of medical information, creation of data subsets, de-identification and other tasks as required
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required/requested by staff/management, including data quality assessments, data suitability assessments and/or directed research from the medical director or Chief of Bioinformatics
- Provide analytical services to other parts of the team, in particular provide services to assist the data quality and onboarding groups identify and resolve issues with data.
- Assist in the analysis, acquisition, and loading of new or complementary data sources
- Translate for broad comprehension abstract technical design and implementation concepts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific/mathematical field. Experience with biomedical data desirable.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), one or more programming languages and common mathematical/statistical packages (R, SAS, and/or Mathematica) essential
- Prior experience or strong knowledge of health IT preferred
- Experience with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills